This is a list of books on consciousness published or forthcoming in 2011, based on a search at WorldCat, with links to Amazon [& publication month in square brackets]:
Altering Consciousness: Multidisciplinary Perspectives, 2 vols. ed. by Etzel Cardeña; Michael Winkelman (Santa Barbara, Calif.: Praeger, 2011-) [May] (amazon.co.uk – May)
Chimeras and Consciousness: Evolution of the Sensory Self ed. by Lynn Margulis; Celeste A Asikainen; Wolfgang E Krumbein (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2011) [Apr] (amazon.co.uk – Mar)
Consciousness and the Prospects of Physicalism (Philosophy of Mind) by Derk Pereboom (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011) [Mar] (amazon.co.uk – May)
The Emergence of Mind: Representations of Consciousness in Narrative Discourse in English (Frontiers of Narrative) ed. by David Herman (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2011) [listed as May, but already available in March 2011] (amazon.co.uk – May)
Experimental Phenomena of Consciousness: A Brief Dictionary, Revised Edition by Talis Bachmann; Bruno G Breitmeyer; Haluk Ögmen (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011) [Apr] (amazon.co.uk – Apr)
Investigating Pristine Inner Experience: Moments of Truth by Russell T Hurlburt (Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2011) [Jul] (amazon.co.uk -Jul)
Living Consciousness: The Metaphysical Vision of Henri Bergson (S U N Y Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology) by G William Barnard (Albany: State University of New York Press, 2011) [Dec] (amazon.co.uk – Dec)
The Living Mind: From Psyche to Consciousness by Richard Dien Winfield (Lanham, Md.: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2011) [Jul] (amazon.co.uk – Jul) “explores the biological foundations of psychology from a broadly Hegelian perspective”
The Mind: Leading Scientists Explore the Brain, Memory, Consciousness, and Personality by John Brockman (New York: Harper Perennial, 2011) [Aug] (kindle ed.), (amazon.co.uk – Aug)
Perplexities of Consciousness (Life and Mind: Philosophical Issues in Biology and Psychology) by Eric Schwitzgebel (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2011) [Feb] (kindle ed.), (amazon.co.uk – Feb)
Phenomenal Consciousness: Understanding the Relation Between Experience and Neural Processes in the Brain by Dimitris Platchias (Montreal; Ithaca, NY: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2011) [Mar] (amazon.co.uk – Oct 2010)
Predictions in the Brain: Using Our Past to Generate a Future ed. by Moshe Bar (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011) [May] (amazon.co.uk – May)
Re-Emergence: Locating Conscious Properties in a Material World by Gerald Vision (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2011) [Aug] (amazon.co.uk – Sep)
Wednesday’s Child: From Heidegger to Affective Neuroscience, a Field Theory of Angst by Gregory Schulz (Eugene, Or.: Wipf & Stock, 2011) [Jan] (amazon.co.uk – Jan)
Who Was Mrs Willett?: Landscapes and Dynamics of Mind by Chris Nunn (Exeter: Imprint Academic, 2011) [Jan] (amazon.co.uk – Jan)
Why Red Doesn’t Sound Like a Bell: Understanding the feel of consciousness by J K O’Regan (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011) [Jun] (amazon.co.uk – Jun)
Willful Blindness: Why We Ignore the Obvious at Our Peril by Margaret Heffernan (New York: Walker, 2011) [Mar] (kindle ed.), (amazon.co.uk – Feb)
The Wonder of Consciousness: Understanding the Mind through Philosophical Reflection by Harold L Langsam (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2011) [Jul] (amazon.co.uk – Sep)
Following is a list of books on consciousness published or to be published during 2010, based on a search of WorldCat.
Aesthetic Genesis: The Origin of Consciousness in the Intentional Being of Nature by Jeffrey Anthony Mitscherling (Lanham, Md.: University Press of America) Mar 2010. (link for UK)
The Book of Not Knowing: Exploring the True Nature of Self, Mind, and Consciousness by Peter Ralston (Berkeley, Calif.: North Atlantic Books) Jan 2010 (link for UK)
The Character of Consciousness (Philosophy of Mind Series) by David John Chalmers (New York; Oxford: Oxford University Press) Aug 2010. (link for UK)
Cognition, Brain, and Consciousness, Second Edition: Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience by Bernard J Baars and Nicole M Gage (Burlington, MA: Academic Press/Elsevier) Mar 2010. (link for UK)
Consciousness, Theatre, Literature and the Arts 2009 ed by Daniel Meyer-Dinkgräfe (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars) Jan 2010. (link for UK)
Embodiment and the Inner Life: Cognition and Consciousness in the Space of Possible Minds by Murray Shanahan (New York: Oxford University Press) July 2010. (link for UK)
Landscape of the Mind: Human Evolution and the Archeology of Thought by John F Hoffecker (New York; Chichester: Columbia University Press) Aug 2010. (link for UK)
The Origin of Cultures by John Lin (Los Angeles, Calif.: Prometheus Press) Sept 2010 [OP as of Mar 2011].
Our Own Minds: Sociocultural Grounds for Self-Consciousness (Bradford Books) by Radu J Bogdan (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press) Oct 2010. (link for UK)
Process Approaches to Consciousness in Psychology, Neuroscience, and Philosophy of Mind (S U N Y Series in Philosophy) ed. by Michel Weber; Anderson Weekes (Albany, N.Y. : SUNY Press ; Bristol: University Presses Marketing [distributor]) Jan 2010. (link for UK)
Self Comes to Mind: Constructing the Conscious Brain by Antonio R Damasio (New York: Pantheon Books) Nov 2010. (link for UK)
Social Structure and Forms of Consciousness, Volume 1: The Social Determination of Method by István Mészáros (New York : Monthly Review Press) Feb 2010. (link for UK)
Visions of Discovery: New Light on Physics, Cosmology, and Consciousness ed. by Raymond Y Chiao; et al (Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press) Oct 2010. (link for UK)
- Consciousness by Donald F Weaver (Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2009) [July 2009 – as of 9/20/2009 pub date showing as 2010 (UK) or 2012 (US)] (link for UK)
- Consciousness Explained Better: Towards an Integral Understanding of the Multifaceted Nature of Consciousness by Allan Combs (Paragon House, 2009) [Sept 2009] (link for UK)
- Consciousness revisited: materialism without phenomenal concepts by Michael Tye (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2009). [March 2009] (link for UK)
- A dialogue on consciousness by Torin Andrew Alter; Robert Howell (New York: Oxford University Press, 2009). [Jan 2009] (link for UK)
- The ego tunnel: the science of the mind and the myth of the self by Thomas Metzinger (New York : Basic Books, 2009) [March 2009] (link for UK)
- Mind and Consciousness: 5 Questions ed. by Patrick Grim (Automatic, 2009) (link for UK)
- Others in mind: social origins of self-consciousness by Philippe Rochat (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009). [Feb 2009] (link for UK)
- Out of our heads: why you are not your brain and other lessons from the biology of consciousness by Alva Noë (New York: Hill and Wang, 2009) [Feb 2009]. (link for UK)
- The Oxford Companion to Consciousness edited by Tim Bayne, Axel Cleeremans, and Patrick Wilkens (link for UK)
- Selfless insight : Zen and the meditative transformations of consciousness by James H Austin (Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 2009) [Mar 2009] (link for UK)
- Subjective Consciousness: A Self-Representational Theory by Uriah Kriegel (Oxford University Press, 2009) [Sep 2009] (link for UK)
Here is a list of books on consciousness published in 2008, based on a search at WorldCat.
- The Achilles of rationalist psychology ed. by Thomas M Lennon; Robert Stainton; (Dordrecht; London: Springer, 2008). (publisher info)
- Biological systems of the brain: unlocking the secrets of consciousness by Charles T Ross; Shirley F Redpath (Leicester : Matador, 2008).
- Brain and dissociated mind by Petr Bob (New York: Nova Science Publishers, 2008).
- Consciousness from zombies to angels: the shadow and the light of knowing who you are by Christian De Quincey (Rochester, Vt. : Park Street Press, 2008).
- Consciousness in Indian philosophy: the advaita doctrine of “awareness only” by Sthaneshwar Timalsina (New York: Routledge, 2008).
- Disorders of consciousness (Handbook of Clinical Neurology)ed. by G Bryan Young; Eelco F.M. Wijdicks (Amsterdam ; London : Elsevier, 2008).
- Frontiers of consciousness : the Chichele lectures ed. by Lawrence Weiskrantz; Martin Davies (Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2008).
- God and phenomenal consciousness : a novel approach to knowledge arguments by Yujin Nagasawa (Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2008).
- Integral drama : culture, consciousness and identity by William S Haney (Amsterdam; New York: Rodopi, 2008).
- Mindreal : how the mind creates its own virtual reality by Robert E Ornstein; ill. by Ted Dewan (Boston: Malor Books, 2008)
- The neurology of consciousness: cognitive neuroscience and neuropathology by Steven Laureys; Giulio Tononi (Amsterdam; London: Academic, 2008).
- Phenomenal concepts and phenomenal knowledge : new essays on consciousness and physicalism ed. by Torin Andrew Alter; Sven Walter (New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2008).
- Quantum shift in the global brain : how the new scientific reality can change us and our worldby Ervin Laszlo (Rochester, Vt.: Inner Traditions, 2008).
- The reflexive nature of consciousness by Greg Janzen (Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2008).
- Sourcing the self : debating the relations between language and consciousness by Kathy Pitt (Oxford : Peter Lang, 2008).
- Transcending the speed of light : consciousness, quantum physics, and the fifth dimension by Marc J Seifer (Rochester, Vt.: Inner Traditions, 2008).
- Worldly acts and sentient things: the persistence of agency from Stein to DeLillo by Robert Chodat (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2008).
2007 [edited Apr 16 2008 – updated forthcoming books that have since come forth….]
Are You a Machine?: The Brain, the Mind, And What It Means to Be Human by Eliezer J Sternberg (Amherst, N.Y. : Humanity Books, 2007)
Arguing About the Mind (Arguing About Philosophy) ed. by Brie Gertler; Lawrence A Shapiro (New York ; London : Routledge, 2007)
Artificial Consciousness ed. by Antonio Chella; Riccardo Manzotti (Exeter : Imprint Academic, 2007)
Becoming Human: The Development of Language, Self and Self-Consciousness by John V. Canfield (Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.)
The Blackwell Companion to Consciousness ed. by Max Velmans; Susan Schneider (Malden, MA ; Oxford : Blackwell Pub., 2007)
Blue Sky Thoughts: Colour, Consciousness and Reality by Jamie Carnie (London ; New York : Marion Boyars, 2007)
The Cambridge Handbook of Consciousness ed. by Philip David Zelazo; Morris Moscovitch; Evan Thompson (Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007)
Cognition, Brain, and Consciousness: Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience by Bernard J Baars; Nicole M Gage (Oxford : Academic, 2007) textbook
Consciousness, Function, and Representation: Collected Papers, Volume 1 (Bradford Books) by Ned Joel Block (Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 2007)
The Concepts of Consciousness: Integrating an Emerging Science ed. by J Scott Jordan; Dawn M McBride (Exeter : Imprint Academic, 2007)
Conceptual Atomism and the Computational Theory of Mind: A Defense of Content-internalism and Semantic Externalism (Advances in Consciousness Research) by John-Michael Kuczynski (Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2007)
Consciousness and Cognition: Fragments of Mind and Brain ed. by Henri Cohen, Brigitte Stemmer (London : Academic Press, 2007)
Contemporary Debates in Philosophy of Mind (Contemporary Debates in Philosophy) ed. by Brian P McLaughlin, Jonathan Cohen (Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2007)
Damasio’s Error and Descartes’ Truth: An Inquiry into Consciousness, Metaphysics, and Epistemology by Andrew Gluck (Scranton : University of Scranton Press, 2007)
Dennett and Ricoeur on the Narrative Self (Contemporary Studies in Philosophy and the Human Sciences) by Joan McCarthy (Amherst, NY : Humanity Books, 2007)
Describing Inner Experience?: Proponent Meets Skeptic (Bradford Books) by Russell T Hurlburt; Eric Schwitzgebel (Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 2007)
Discreteness, Continuity, & Consciousness: An Epistemological Unified Field Theory by Alan M. Laibelman (New York : Peter Lang, 2007)
The Drama of Possibility: Experience As Philosophy of Culture (American Philosophy) by John J McDermott; Douglas R Anderson (New York : Fordham University Press, 2007)
Early Experience, the Brain, and Consciousness: An Historical and Interdisciplinary Synthesis by Thomas Carlyle Dalton; Victor W Bergenn (Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2007)
The Experimental Phenomena of Consciousness: A Brief Dictionary by T Bakhman; Bruno G Breitmeyer; Haluk Ogmen (Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007)
Hidden Dimensions: The Unification of Physics and Consciousness (Columbia Series in Science and Religion) by B. Alan Wallace (New York : Columbia University Press, 2007)
Hypnosis and Conscious States: The Cognitive Neuroscience Perspective by Graham A Jamieson (Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007)
I Am a Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter (New York : Basic Books, 2007)
The Importance of Not Being Earnest: The feeling behind laughter and humor (Consciousness & Emotion Book Series) by Wallace L Chafe (Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2007)
Introduction to Consciousness by Arne Dietrich (Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007) textbook
Language, Consciousness, Culture: Essays on Mental Structure (Jean Nicod Lectures) by Ray Jackendoff (Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 2007)
Moore’s Paradox: New Essays on Belief, Rationality, and the First Person ed. by Mitchell S Green; John N Williams (Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007)
Neurophilosophy at Work by Paul M Churchland (Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007)
Neuroscience and Philosophy: Brain, Mind, and Language by Maxwell Bennett, Daniel Dennett, Peter Hacker, and John Searle (New York : Columbia University Press, 2007)
Ontology of Consciousness: Percipient Action (Bradford Books) ed. Helmut Wautischer (Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 2007)
Rediscovering Phenomenology: Phenomenological Essays on Mathematical Beings, Physical Reality, Perception and Consciousness (Phaenomenologica) ed. by L Boi; Pierre Kerszberg; Frédéric Patras (Dordrecht ; London : Springer, 2007)
Self-Consciousness by Sebastian Rödl (Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2007)
Transcendental Phenomenological Psychology by Jon L James (Victoria, B.C. : Trafford, 2007)